Driving, speeding faster than light
I'm on this crazy ride again
You're outside, feinting, I can never tell
Which way next, so our journey begins
Each turn a movement, each brake a sigh
Each time you taunt, a cold hand on my mind
Heart, what heart? It just burns to survive
Streets fill with smoke as you pass me by
I can see you ahead, breaking all the rules
Breaking my heart, it's all the same to you
You run another light and I plan to do the same
Just to keep up, to stay in the game
But this time, I won't. This time I brake
This brake a sigh that will end my mistake
My tyres screech, I jolt back in my seat
Hands on the wheel, shaking with defeat
I slump forward, and look out to see
Rain, no wait, tears, just my tears and me
Dimly in the distance I hear you call
Your voice, the angel, the devil, my fall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment