Sunday, August 9, 2009

Waltz

So this is somthing I wrote almost an year and a half ago. The inspiration was a friend. Or rather, someone I was never sure was a friend. The words just came to me, during a conversation with said person. There's supposed to be a second part to it, to bring closure to that relationship. I'm still waiting for it, I guess. Have you ever felt that way? Where things which seem so simple and direct can be so unresolved in our minds. My waltz will end someday, I am sure. Can't be too long now and whether it will just be a graceful fading of the music or a dramatic flourish, I hope it insipires a brilliant piece of song:D

Brilliant summers and endless nights
Or just one summer, its steamy nights?
We waltzed away for what seemed like days
Danced our brilliant summer away
And who would have thought a season could end?
That it would come to this someday, my friend
Summer bloom dies as fall creeps inside
Our steps falter, our waltz no longer synchronized
We lose trust, give way to fear
So tell me, where do we go from here?

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know this was your own composition.

    I love the line .. " Summer bloom dies as fall creeps inside "..

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup, it was. And it came to me just the way I described, like background music over a conversation.. You won't believe how many times I've tried to complete it but it never happens:(

    ReplyDelete